- Members earn 1 point for every dollar spent on qualifying purchases
- 200 points = $10 reward
- Welcome offer — 15% off all full price items*
- Member only offers & shopping events
- Birthday Reward**
- DOUBLE points events
- Access to points & available Rewards at ems.com
What is EMS Rewards all about?
EMS Rewards Members earn points on purchases, lessons and rentals. Points are redeemed for Rewards that can be used in-store and online.
Who can join?
Membership is open to individual residents of the United States, its Territories or Canada who are at least 18 years of age. Companies, schools, clubs, groups, organizations, or others making commercial or bulk purchases are not eligible for membership or Rewards.
How do points work?
- Members earn 1 point for every $1 spent
- Points are earned for any portion of the sale paid for by cash, credit/debit card or personal check.
- Points are earned for the purchase of gift cards.
- Points are not awarded for any portion of the sale paid for by gift card, Gear Credit or EMS Rewards.
- Points are not awarded for sales tax, shipping or surcharges.
What is a qualifying purchase?
Qualifying purchases include all regular, sale and clearance merchandise in-store and online, including the purchase of gift cards. Also included are gear/boat rentals, bike shop labor/ repairs and lessons/guiding from Eastern Mountain Sports Schools. Rental sell-off’s are not a qualifying purchase.
What about returns?
- When a Member makes a return, any points earned on the purchase are deducted from the available points balance.
- Points balances can go negative.
- See OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER for full Return policy.
How are Rewards issued?
- Rewards are issued monthly.
- Rewards are issued in $10 increments based on the current points balance at time of issuance.
- 200 points are deducted for each $10 issued as a Reward.
- Rewards are issued with a unique one-time use code which can be redeemed in-store, online at ems.com or at Eastern Mountain Sports Schools.
- Rewards will be valid no less than 90 days from the date of issue.
View your points and Rewards balance
- Look up your Rewards balance any time HERE
- Enter your email and phone # to view any available Rewards
Having problems accessing your points & rewards? CONTACT US
EMS Reward Program Terms
Membership in the EMS Rewards Program is open to individual residents of the United States, its Territories or Canada who are at least 18 years of age, and who have a valid email account. Companies, schools, clubs, groups, organizations, or others making commercial or bulk purchases are not eligible for membership or Rewards. Customers who provide an email address in-store will be considered enrolled in the EMS Rewards Program. Customers may also enroll in the EMS Rewards Program online. Only Active EMS Rewards Members are eligible to receive Rewards. Members must have at least one transaction within a 12 month period to remain active.
Starting on April 24, 2014 EMS Rewards Members will earn one point for each dollar spent on qualifying purchases. To receive points, EMS Rewards Members must identify themselves with every purchase, rental or lesson. In retail stores, Member must provide the cashier with the name, phone number and/or email address associated with their EMS Rewards account. To earn points online, Member must provide the email address associated with their EMS Rewards account. Qualifying purchases include all regular, sale and clearance merchandise in-store and online at ems.com. Qualifying purchases include gift cards, online gift certificates, services and rentals (select EMS locations), and the purchase of lessons and guiding services from Eastern Mountain Sports Outdoor Schools.
Points will not be awarded for any portion of the purchase paid for with gift cards, online gift certificates, merchandise credits or Rewards. Points are not awarded for sales tax, shipping, warranty purchases or third party services. Points will not be earned on purchases made prior to joining the EMS Rewards Program. Points are not earned on commercial or bulk purchases. Points earned will be deducted from the points or future points in Member's account for returned merchandise, cancelled orders, cancelled lessons or guiding services.
Active Rewards Members earn a $10 Reward for each 200 points they accrue in accordance with these program terms. Rewards will be issued within 15 days of the calendar month end to members who have accumulated at least 200 points during the calendar month. The value of the Reward issued will be determined by the points accrued. Rewards are issued in $10 increments; for each $10, 200 points will be deducted from the Member's points balance. Rewards will be valid no less than 90 days from the date of issue. Lost, stolen or expired Rewards will not be replaced. Single-use Rewards are issued to the individual member and may not be copied, transferred, sold, or shared/posted online. EMS Rewards Members are entitled to a maximum of $1,000 in Rewards per calendar year. Unredeemed points balances will expire 24 months after the last transaction posted in the Member's account.
Rewards may be used toward the future purchase of any EMS merchandise made online at www.ems.com or in-store. Rewards may be used for services and rentals offered at select EMS retail locations or for lessons offered through Eastern Mountain Sports Outdoor Schools. Rewards are not valid toward the purchase of gift cards, online gift certificates, previous purchases, shipping and handling fees, taxes, warranty service, or other services/rentals provided by third parties. Rewards cannot be used to purchase product from eBay or any other third party websites with which EMS is affiliated.
Rewards have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash or exchanged for store credit.
Your Rewards account
EMS Rewards Members are responsible for notifying CUSTOMER SERVICE about any changes to their Rewards account including name, address, email and phone number. If an individual member has more than one account, EMS may merge the account into one. Any available points will be consolidated.
Points discrepancies should be reported within 21 days of a qualifying purchase. Member should email email@example.com including the transaction number, member name and phone number.
Only active members of the EMS Rewards program are eligible to receive membership rewards. Members must have at least one transaction within a 12 month period to remain active. Points will expire 24 months after the last transaction posted to the Member's account and membership will be terminated. Points have no cash value.
Whats the difference between a promo code and a Reward Code?
- Promo Codes (aka coupon codes) are a type of discount used in many of our marketing initiatives. They are distributed in a variety of ways (newspapers, direct mail, website, emails, etc.), and to all different customer groups.
- They’re only applicable on certain items and certain brands and are only valid for the dates published on the coupon.
- A Reward is earned through participation in our Rewards program. Points are earned by making purchases online or in-store. When a member has earned 200+ points, a Reward is issued to them with a Code that can be applied to a purchase. Rewards can be used on any brand, full-price, sale or clearance items. Rewards are typically valid for at least 90 days from the point of issuance.
When are Rewards issued?
Regular earned Rewards are generally issued by the 15th of the month.
How long do I have to use my reward?
Expiration dates are printed on the Reward and are viewable from your online account.
What do I if my Reward expires before I can use it?
Sorry, Rewards must be used before they expire. We are no longer able to re-issue expired Rewards.
Do I get a rewards card, or a keychain?
No! We like to keep your keychain uncluttered! Our Rewards Program doesn’t require you to remember a long rewards member number. Instead, we utilize the phone number, name and email associated with your account.
I lost my reward, how can I replace it?
You can access and print your Rewards online. CLICK HERE
My points/Rewards are not showing are not showing in my account. What can I do?
- In-store purchases generally take 1 to 2 days to post to your account. Online purchases take 1 to 2 days from the time your order was shipped to post to your account.
- If the appropriate processing time has elapsed, and you still do not see your points, we'll need to research the issue. Please CLICK HERE & provide us with the details that will facilitate our research.
I just placed an order online-why haven't my points gone up yet?
Points for online orders should post to your account 24-48 hours after it ships. If the appropriate processing time has elapsed, and you still do not see your points, we'll need to research the issue. Please CLICK HERE & provide us with the details that will facilitate our research.
Can I have a rewards account if I buy in bulk or own a business?
Sorry -- The Rewards program is intended for individuals or families only – businesses or bulk resellers don’t qualify.
Do I get my reward back if my order is cancelled?
Yes. It will take some time to restore your account; if your online order is cancelled for any reason, your Reward will be available for use the following day.
Do I get my Reward back if I return an item that was purchased online?
If you have returned an item that was purchased online using a rewards, CLICK HERE to submit a request to have points added back to your account.
Do I get my Reward back if I return an item that was purchased in a store?
If you buy in store, and return the items in store before the Rewards original expiration date, the value will be returned to the original Reward and will be valid through the original expiration date. If the return is made AFTER the expiration date of the Reward, you will be issued a "return Reward" which will be valid for 15 days.
To get a Birthday Reward , you need to do the following things:
- 1) Be enrolled in Rewards
- 2) Have made a purchase within the last 12 months
- 3) Provide us with your birthday
- If you are already enrolled in Rewards but did not provide your birthday at the time of enrollment, CLICK HERE
When do Birthday Rewards get issued?
We send out Birthday Rewards in the first few business days of the month, not on your actual birthday, so keep an eye out!
What information do you need to join Rewards?
Your name, telephone, email and home addresses, and your birth date (optional to receive a birthday Reward)
Do you sell or share my personal information to anyone?